Discover the Caribbean's Best Resorts
The Caribbean, with its stunning beaches, crystal clear waters, and vibrant culture, holds a plethora of all-inclusive resorts that guarantee the utmost luxury, relaxation, and adventure.
Sorting through numerous options across the islands for your ideal holiday destination can be challenging.
Thankfully, we have taken the trouble to bring together the resorts that have topped the list in the World’s Best Awards.
So without further delay, here are The 9 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean.
Revealing the Complete List
Jade Mountain Resort - St. Lucia
At number one, we present the stunning Jade Mountain Resort in St. Lucia. This resort bags the top position due to its breathtaking location high above Soufriere Bay, offering mesmerizing views of St. Lucia’s renowned Pitons.
Here’s why they made the best list:
- The resort’s all-inclusive plan covers meals, beach chairs and towels, non-motorized water sports, and escorted estate walks.
- Architectural design showcasing rugged stone-faced columns and infinity pool sanctuaries.
- The cuisine is incredible, ranging from the James Beard award-winning Chef Allen Susser.
- An extensive list of spa treatments from the boutique spa and fitness studio.
- Exclusive Jade Mountain Club restaurant offering tropical world cuisine with stunning views.
- The sweeping views of St. Lucia’s famous Pitons.
- A wide range of non-motorized water sports are available.
- Exclusive use of the sister resort’s amenities and activities.
- James Beard award-winning cuisine.
- The tranquility of the private infinity pools.
- The resort is isolated, limiting accessibility to local attractions.
- The infinity pool is available in only selected suites.
This luxury resort is best suited for couples or those seeking a tranquil escape and is one of our favorite destinations.
Here are all the Amazing Things to Do in Saint Lucia.
Sandals Royal Caribbean - Jamaica
Coming up second on our list is the Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica. The resort has been recognized for its exceptional service, unique overwater bungalows, and rich variety of dining and activity options.
- The resort houses the famous over-the-water bungalows, the first of its kind in the Caribbean.
- It boasts a private island with a beach, freshwater pool, and Thai restaurant.
- Offers nine diverse restaurants and five bars inside the resort.
- It provides various activities, including scuba diving, beach volleyball, and snorkeling.
- Personalized butler services are available for the ultimate convenience.
- Exclusive over-the-water accommodation experience.
- Access to a separate, private island for added tranquility and luxury.
- Diverse dining options satisfy all food preferences.
- There are plenty of daytime and night-time activities to keep guests entertained.
- Luxurious and personalized services like private butler and room service.
- It’s an adults-only resort, meaning families with children may not enjoy it.
- Some may find that high-end services come with a hefty price tag.
If you’re in pursuit of an intimate, romantic honeymoon or anniversary getaway, the Sandals Royal Caribbean is a perfect choice.
Also check out my Top Jamaica Travel Tips.
Couples Tower Isle - Jamaica
Our third pick is the five-star Couples Tower Isle situated in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. This adults-only all-inclusive resort offers a romantic retreat crowned with unlimited spa treatments for their Oasis Spa Villa’s guests.
- Positioned on one of Jamaica’s best white sand beaches.
- Provides eight brand-new Oasis Spa Villas where guests enjoy unlimited spa treatments.
- Offers amenities such as unlimited gourmet dining, premium spirits, and multiple sports activities.
- The resort includes four pools and jacuzzis on-site and six full-service restaurants.
- The resort exhibits a remarkable collection of Jamaican art decor across its common areas and rooms.
- It sits on a stunning beachfront, providing constant picturesque views.
- A unique all-inclusive spa treatment package, a first of its kind in the Caribbean.
- Loaded with amenities, including water and land sports, to keep guests engaged.
- An array of dining options promotes versatility in terms of cuisines and settings.
- The Jamaican art forms a significant part of the resort’s ambiance, creating a sense of authenticity.
- Some amenities, like premium spirits, could come with an additional fee.
- It is adults-only; thus, it is not suitable for families.
Couples Tower Isle is an ideal choice for couples seeking solitude and quality pampering in an elegant and laid-back environment.
Hermitage Bay - Antigua
Appearing fourth on our list is the Hermitage Bay in Antigua. A luxury 5-star resort set on the beautiful natural bay amid lush tropical gardens, guests never miss praising its exceptional service and serene ambiance.
- The resort features a beachfront infinity pool and luxurious hillside pool suites providing stunning beach views.
- An award-winning organic garden-to-table restaurant to pleasure your taste buds.
- Houses intimate cottages nestled in 16 acres of lush tropical gardens.
- Offers a tranquil wellness spa and a range of wellness activities, including cooking classes, yoga, and Pilates.
- An array of watersport activities and the unique experience of watching the sunset from private plunge pools.
- Dazzling views of the Caribbean Sea from any aspect of the resort.
- Providing fresh, organic, locally sourced cuisine pleasing every gastronome.
- Unparalleled privacy with only 30 bespoke cottages spread across the property.
- Mindful wellness activities to refresh your body and mind.
- Options to indulge in exciting watersports and the rare treat of sunset views from private pools.
- Located in a secluded setting, which may limit exploring local attractions.
- It could be quite costly compared to other options.
The Hermitage Bay is an outstanding choice for honeymooners or couples seeking an intimate, peaceful getaway.
Hair Tools Travel Bag
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort - Aruba
The award-winning Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort in Aruba is our fifth pick. This adults-only resort aims to create an environmentally friendly, romantic, and peaceful vacation experience for its guests.
- An 11-acre beachfront property with a private beach, beachfront pool, and a poolside spa.
- Features a premium all-inclusive program, offering all meals, drinks, and activities.
- Carbon-neutral certified, with committed green practices like solar panels and LED lighting.
- It offers a complimentary American breakfast every morning and hosts theme nights at its restaurants.
- Romantic beach dining featuring sunset gourmet services.
- An exclusive beachfront setting ensures guests the finest views and beach experiences.
- Inclusive of varied amenities and services offering great value for money.
- A conscious effort to reduce carbon footprints enhances eco-tourism.
- Unique inclusions like a complimentary American breakfast and theme nights.
- It is an extraordinary dining experience on the beach, perfect for creating unforgettable moments.
- Being an adults-only resort, it may not be ideal for families.
- The food and drinks could be pricey if not opt for the all-inclusive package.
The Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is an excellent pick for environmentally-conscious couples seeking a romantic and peaceful getaway.
Here is my complete list of the Best Beaches in Aruba.
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun - Mexico
Our sixth contender, Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, rests along Maroma Beach, which the Travel Channel named the World’s Best Beach.
This 5-star, adult-only resort, nestled amidst lush greenery, provides an intimate sanctuary for lovebirds.
- Rooms complement modern décor, private balconies or terraces, and bathtubs for two.
- Swim-out suites for any time the pool dips straight from the terrace.
- Offers two hot tubs, two pools, and an infinity pool overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
- A wide array of activities – snorkeling, volleyball, tennis, yoga, water polo, and more.
- Eight dining options and a café, plus multiple bars, live music, and theme parties at night.
- Elegant, modern amenities in all rooms are aimed at comfort.
- The swim-out suite option for a unique water experience.
- Diversity of relaxing and fun-filled water facilities.
- Numerous activities for entertainment and building connections with others.
- Have an extensive array of dining and party options to never run out of choices.
- As it’s an adult-only resort, families with children cannot consider it.
- Some guests have reported less intimate dining due to the buffet system.
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is perfect for couples and adults seeking a romantic, relaxing, and activity-filled beach getaway.
Excellence Punta Cana - Dominican Republic
Our seventh-best pick is the lavish Excellence Punta Cana. This adult-only, 5-star luxury resort in the Dominican Republic offers an all-inclusive experience where tranquility and fun blend perfectly.
- It provides modern suites, some boasting a private plunge pool or swim-up access.
- It offers a range of 10 gourmet restaurants and 12 bars for culinary delight.
- Features two massive pools, a fitness center, and various beach sports.
- Offers dance classes, yoga, Spanish classes, and snorkeling options.
- A world-class spa to rejuvenate body and soul.
- A choice of sophisticated suites tailored to fit everyone’s preference.
- A wide array of food and drink options catering to diverse tastes.
- Delivers good fitness facilities and engaging activities to keep guests entertained.
- Promotes learning and fun through dance and language classes.
- In-house spa to achieve complete relaxation.
- It is an adult-only resort, making it unsuitable for families.
- The resort is slightly far from Punta Cana International Airport.
Excellence Punta Cana is the go-to destination for adults, especially couples, seeking a perfect blend of relaxation, romance, and fun.
Here is my list of all the Amazing Things to do in Punta Cana.
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
The eighth resort on our list, Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa, is a dream destination for families.
With an exciting waterpark and the promise of family fun around every corner, this resort showcases a mix of French, Italian, Key West, and Caribbean atmospheres.
- Features Pirates Island Waterpark, with exciting slides and a lazy river ride.
- It houses five unique villages, each representing a distinctive theme.
- Offers 21 international dining options to cater to varying tastes.
- Set on 12 miles of turquoise water and white sand beach.
- Exciting entertainment for children, including an Xbox play lounge, teen disco, and familiar Sesame Street characters.
- Endless water fun with the massive water park.
- Variety in ambiance, with each village having a different theme.
- Diverse dining options satisfy the whole family’s food preferences.
- Scenic’s location offers fantastic views and beach access.
- High-energy activities to keep teenagers and children entertained.
- The resort can get crowded during peak seasons, impacting privacy.
- Some find it slightly expensive compared to other family resorts.
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa is a fantastic pick for families with children seeking a fun-filled beach vacation.
Here are the Best Beaches in Providenciales.
The Caves - Jamaica
The final gem in our list, The Caves, Jamaica, delivers an unconventional experience with its cliffside cottages and candlelit dining within sea caves. This adult-only resort is a handcrafted oasis along Negril’s West End cliffs.
- Uniquely positioned cliffside cottages offer fantastic oceanfront views.
- Exclusive candlelit dining inside a sea cave for a captivating experience.
- The iconic Blackwell Rum Bar is tucked inside a limestone grotto.
- An array of adventurous watersports and authentic Jamaican cuisine.
- A relaxing spa and access to the private hot tub with views of the Caribbean horizon.
- The incredible cottage setup creates an extraordinary atmosphere.
- The experience of dining in a cave is unique and practically unmatchable.
- The on-site rum bar offers a wide array of options for enthusiasts.
- Numerous water activities to keep guests engaged and entertained.
- Spa and hot tub facilities to unwind and soak in the ambiance.
- The resort is far from the beach, limiting daily beach activities.
- It is an adult-only resort; thus, it is not suitable for families.
The Caves Hotel is the perfect pick for adventurous couples seeking a unique and thrilling vacation experience.
Here are some Awesome Things to Do in Jamaica.
Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Adults-Only
Galley Bay Resort & Spa - Antigua
When it comes to ultimate adult-only seclusion, the Galley Bay Resort & Spa in Antigua stands out. This boutique property, nestled amidst lush tropical gardens, offers a sense of privacy and tranquility.
- Dotted with thatch-roofed Gauguin Suites featuring private plunge pools.
- The sprawling white-sand beach allowing guests to soak up the sun or enjoy a swim.
- Three open-air restaurants and bars, including a rum shack.
- Offers a variety of water and land sports activities, a wellness retreat spa, and a nature walk around the surrounding lagoon.
- Regular local music, beach barbeque nights, and outdoor movie screenings for guests’ enjoyment.
- The Gauguin Suites offer an exotic, rustic charm and unmatched privacy.
- The exquisite beachfront ensures a refreshing, serene ambiance.
- The variety of dining options guarantees a gastronomic journey.
- Multiple activities to cater to different interests and maintain engagement.
- Nightly entertainment adds a dose of local culture and excitement.
- Restricted to adults only, not suitable for families.
- Lack of in-room dining can be a drawback for some guests.
The Galley Bay Resort & Spa is a haven for adults seeking a secluded, peaceful retreat, making it an ideal honeymoon destination.
Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
For an ambiance reminiscent of a Greek palace, Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic secures the spot. This 5-star, adults-only hotel impresses with its Greco-Roman-style architecture, beautiful gardens, and exceptional facilities.
- The hotel complex includes three pools designed around different themes and two open-air whirlpools.
- A state-of-the-art gym offering a variety of activities like tai chi, spinning, and dance classes.
- The Iberostar Bavaro Golf Club features 18-hole golf for enthusiasts.
- Exquisite dining options with four á la carte restaurants, a beachfront buffet, and an international buffet.
- A tranquil spa and wellness center for ultimate relaxation.
- Various pool and whirlpool options cater to different preferences.
- A diverse fitness regime keeps fitness enthusiasts engaged.
- Golf lovers can enjoy an excellent course amid serene surroundings.
- A plethora of dining options ensures a delicious journey through global cuisines.
- The spa and wellness center helps guests to unwind completely.
- Families with children may have to opt for other options due to its adults-only policy.
- Some may find the daylight activities at the hotel lacking compared to other regions.
The Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro is best suited for couples seeking a tranquil, romantic retreat engulfed in nature’s grandeur.
Hair Tools Travel Bag
Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families
Beaches Negril Resort & Spa - Jamaica
Kicking off our family-friendly section, we begin with the Beaches Negril Resort & Spa in Jamaica. This resort offers a plethora of activities and amenities specifically designed for families.
- Offers a beachfront water park with a lazy river, slides, and a splash park.
- Programs for kids of all ages, including a kids’ club, teen lounge, and nursery.
- Nine specialty restaurants and an Xbox Play Lounge.
- Wide range of water and land activities, including snorkeling, paddle boarding, and tennis.
- Offers spacious family rooms and suites with separate kids’ areas.
- The on-site water park guarantees endless fun for kids and adults alike.
- Carefully designed programs cater to kids’ and teens’ preferences and interests.
- Diverse food options feed the culinary curiosity of each family member.
- A variety of activities on both land and water keeps everyone entertained.
- The family rooms provide comfort and privacy for all members of the family.
- Some visitors have mentioned occasional seaweed issues on the beach.
- The airport transfer takes about 1.5 hours, which could be long for immediate relaxation.
Beaches Negril Resort & Spa is an ideal pick for families seeking a fun and memorable beach vacation.
Atlantis Paradise Island - Bahamas
Our second recommendation for families is the Atlantis Paradise Island in the Bahamas. This resort is an attraction in itself, boasting a multitude of water amenities, including a thrilling water park, marine habitats, and a dolphin cay.
- Located on the private beaches of Paradise Island.
- The iconic 141-acre water park, Aquaventure.
- Features one of the largest open-air marine habitats in the world.
- Dolphin and sea lion interactions at Dolphin Cay.
- 21 restaurants and 19 bars & lounges for ultimate gastronomic experiences.
- Private beach access ensures an exclusive beach experience.
- The extensive water park is a playground for kids of all ages.
- Educational fun at the marine habitat, where kids can learn about marine life.
- Engaging wildlife experiences at Dolphin Cay fosters a love for nature in kids.
- Multiple food and drink options cater to every palate and occasion.
- It’s not an all-inclusive resort so specific amenities may incur extra charges.
- Some guests report long lines during peak times at popular attractions.
The Atlantis Paradise Island is best suggested for families who love fun adventures and are willing to splurge a bit on a vacation that’s worth it.
You can also check out all the Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Bahamas.
Exploring the Resort Localities
While these resorts offer an astounding array of amenities, activities, and dining options, it’s also worth venturing out to explore their local surroundings.
Each Caribbean island has its unique charm, attractions, and cultural nuances to offer, making your vacation all the more enriching.
In St. Lucia, the Jade Mountain Resort is near the Piton Mountains, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the captivating beauty of these volcanic plugs or marvel at the astounding biodiversity at the St. Lucia Rainforest reserve.
In Punta Cana, while staying in Iberostar Grand Bavaro, guests should visit the area’s picturesque beaches, like Bavaro Beach and Macao Beach, or have a fun time in Scape Park, a natural theme park.
In Negril, Jamaica, guests staying at Beaches Negril Resort & Spa can explore the famous Seven Mile Beach, Kool Runnings Waterpark, and the atmospheric Rick’s Café with its incredible sunset views.
In Turks and Caicos, families staying at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa can discover the wonders of Undersea Explorer Semi-Submarine and take guided tours of the extraordinary Conch Farm.
Exploring the local culture, landmarks, and natural highlights enhances your knowledge about the destination and makes your stay well-rounded and memorable.
Always remember to use your resort’s concierge for local ideas, and don’t miss out on experiencing the cool natural features, cities, and regional cuisines.
Popular Activities in the Destinations
While each destination has its unique local attractions, the Caribbean is renowned for certain activities that should not be missed regardless of which island you are on.
Water Sports: From snorkeling and diving in vibrant coral reefs to sailing, windsurfing, and deep-sea fishing, you’re never short of water-based activities in the Caribbean Sea. Kiteboarding in the Dominican Republic’s Kite Beach, Cabarete is another popular choice among sports lovers.
Exploring Nature: Be it the magnificent El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico, bioluminescent bays in Vieques, or the mystic Blue Hole in Jamaica, there are endless natural wonders to discover.
Cultural and Historical Tours: Visits to the colonial city of old Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic, exploring the pastel façades of Oranjestad landmarks in Aruba, or meandering through the straw markets in Nassau, Bahamas, there is a rich cultural heritage waiting to be uncovered.
Relaxation and Wellness: The Caribbean is synonymous with beach relaxation and spa therapy. Indulge in beach yoga classes meditation retreats, or soak up the sun on the powdery white sand beaches to imbibe the perfect Caribbean vibe.
Local Cuisine: The Caribbean cuisine is a world to explore by itself. From the spicy jerk dishes in Jamaica and savory sancocho in the Dominican Republic to the conch dishes in Turks & Caicos, you are sure to indulge in the local food scenario.
Each of these activities helps you maximize your Caribbean vacation, making it a holistic travel experience that stretches beyond the resort premises.
Make sure you indulge in these myriad offerings that each Caribbean island renders, making the best of your tropical getaway.
What is the price range for all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean?
The price range for all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean primarily depends on the resort’s location, facilities, and the time of the year.
- On average, rates can start from as low as $30 per person per night at budget-friendly resorts and can go up to $600 or more at luxury, high-end resorts.
- Typically, prices tend to be around $255 on average per night. Remember, prices can fluctuate based on availability, demand, and particular seasonal offers or deals.
- Always review what the all-inclusive package genuinely includes and double-check for any hidden costs or surcharges.
How do I choose the best all-inclusive resort for me?
Choosing the best all-inclusive resort depends on your preferences and what you’re looking for in a vacation.
- Consider factors such as the type of resort (family-friendly, adults-only, luxury, budget-friendly), offered amenities, food and beverage options, activities available, and the destination itself.
- Additionally, read previous guest reviews and check the resort’s policy, guest photos, and resort reputation.
- Lastly, confirm whether the ‘all-inclusive’ really means it includes everything you want, to avoid any surprises during your stay. Deciding based on these factors should leave you with a resort that best suits your needs.
What is the best month to go to all-inclusive resorts?
The best times to visit all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean, purely from a weather perspective, are the months of February, March, April, and May.
- These are the driest months, and you’ll likely encounter plenty of blue skies and bright sun.
- However, if you’re more budget-conscious, consider booking during the summer season when rates typically drop.
- Always cross-check with the resort’s availability and any possible discounts during different seasons.
Is it better to book all-inclusive packages or not?
Deciding to book an all-inclusive package or not depends on the type of vacation you’re planning.
- If you plan to fully enjoy the hotel facilities, indulge in unlimited meals and drinks, and participate in resort activities, an all-inclusive package can save you money.
- But if you plan to spend more time sightseeing, exploring local restaurants, and doing independent activities, a regular booking may be more economical.
- Ultimately, it’s about assessing your plans and deciding which choice offers you the best value and convenience.
How to get cheaper all-inclusive resorts?
You can score cheaper all-inclusive resorts in several ways:
- Travel in the off-season when rates are typically lower.
- Book well in advance to avail of early bird discounts or look for last-minute deals.
- Choose larger, popular islands as they have more flight options, leading to competitive pricing.
- Check with an all-inclusive travel agent for possible discounts.
- Stay updated with the resort’s website or subscribe to their newsletter for special offers, promotions, or potential flash sales.
- Remember, while saving money is great, ensure you’re not compromising too much on the quality of your vacation.
Made by travelers, for travelers, check out the Barefoot Caribou Products below!
Conclusion: Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
These nine resorts represent the pinnacle of Caribbean luxury.
Whether it’s architecturally stunning Jade Mountain Resort in St. Lucia, the unique seaside cottages of The Caves in Jamaica, or the family-friendly excitement of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa, there’s a Caribbean getaway to suit every traveler’s needs.
These all-inclusive resorts take the stress out of vacation planning, ensuring you can enjoy the island’s sun, sea, and sand without worrying about unexpected bills or hidden fees.
Enjoy formidable facilities, world-class dining, lively entertainment, and indulgent relaxation spots as part of your Caribbean holiday.
Make your pick based not just on luxury but also on memorable experiences that will have you longing to return long after your vacation is over.
And if I missed anything, let me know in the comments below!